Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Gifts

By Gaylord Walter


I know, again, I apologise for not posting more often, and my excuse is the same.  I have not been shooting very much, but have been working mostly as an art model for the last couple months or so.  
Art modeling for me is much more consistent with bookings and pay than the print, or even promo modeling is, and I always love seeing how different artists will interpret the same pose, the same person, and in the classes even the same instructions....but they all come up with such different pieces.  And though I have seen all these lovely pieces, I very rarely actually get any.  ( a couple sketches here and there) And none ever finished.

This is a finished piece that a lovely gentleman by the name of Gaylord Walters brought in for me.  He is older, with a wry sense of humor, and he is a regular at a couple different drawing clubs that I model for. He brought this in for me, on a board, wrapped in plastic and very neatly wrapped in paper...When I thanked him sincerely for it, he said "you haven't even seen it yet"  I said I don't have to, because just the thought that he brought it in to give to me, I was floored by.

For me, when someone gifts you with something they have made, a piece of art from them, that is the type of gift that should be honored, and cherished, and trust me, I do.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment