Thursday, July 10, 2014

Parking, Bathrooms and Heat

Photo by Bill Rock
Had a shoot on Tuesday with a photographer I have not worked with before, by the name of Bill Rock. Super nice guy, architect and started photography doing architectural work...he was looking to expand  with "edgier" models, I was looking to do something with architecture.  Worked out for both of us, I hope.
We met downtown (not to self, remember to check when festivals are starting so as to know when roads are closed...turned out to be the day before Taste of Chicago- so the roads around Grant Park were closed, making my planned parking, more complicated than it was supposed to be. another note...when downtown, ask for parking money 32.00 to park, whooee!  )

Chicago is such a great city for architecture, had we time and the feet for it there are PLENTY of other great buildings/ places to take pictures ! But we went from The Art institute to the Auditorium Theatre, to the El and the riverfront- so  a good walk and great places to work.

People, which I thought would be an issue, just weren't. They would wait for the shutter to click, us to wave them through or go behind Bill, so not to impact shots.  Some watched, but not obtrusively,and not for long. The people were nice. had a man with quite possible the lowest, most gravely voice I have ever heard, tell me I looked good, and several compliments of wardrobe ( shoes especially)

The problems we ran into were wardrobe changes ( a restaurant restroom, isn't the best, but it worked.  Could have been worse, I don't think I could have handled a port-o-potty ) Make -up touch ups...well we did the best we could in the bathrooms, and with the heat ( it was almost 90) I will tell you, leather shorts may be shorts, but they get STICKY...how my face was not totally flushed from the heat, I don't know.   Hair had to remain simple...I started with it up, and gradually took pins out , a little teasing and spray was all I could manage in the time and space ( and wind) I was dealt.

But overall, I think it went great. Bill seemed really happy with the images he got, I certainly am happy with the sneak peaks he provided.
All in all, another adventure, another different experience, with images  to prove it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment