Saturday, February 8, 2014

A typical day "off"

There are many models that will tell you about a typical day in their lives while working ( which vary wildly, depending on type of gig or modeling, so really aren't typical at all....typical= no such thing)
So I am going to tell you what I do on days off...days I have no classes to model for, no clubs, no workshops, no photographers.  No traveling, no packing, no trying to fit things in.

5-6:am up ( during the week at least...if Todd ( hubby) is going in to work, I get up with him at 4:30 or 5...If he is working from home I get up at 6,to get Tee up and moving for school)

Have a cup of tea, and update 3 facebook pages ( one is my modeling one, so my own pictures get loaded there, as well as music and links) (the other two, I Admin, so post member pictures , accomplishments and sometimes links)

7am Another cup of tea ( I like my tea... alot. My current favorite is a cinnamon roobios chai with toffee flavored stevia) Remind Tee of schedule ( she has to be out the door at about 7:20) pack her lunch, put in her backpack.

7:20 Craigslist and Model Mayhem castings .  Browse send letter and links as applicable

8:30 ( roughly) do dishes. pick up house./ clean glass tables/ mirrors. Feed /take care of cats (3-Chemo, Rograine and Venus, they are Sphynx) hermit crabs (3) Box turtle (1- Bento) Do laundry ( fold yesterdays load/ put away, put a new one in)

10- check e-mails for responses...respond if needed.  ( check FB, news sites, etc)
11- Lunch ( lunch depends on calorie load for the day- sometimes a salad, sometimes leftovers, sometimes and organic bar or piece of fruit )
11:30 Work out ( on days off usually between an hour and an hour and a half) I like to do different things....Depending on season, ( and work schedule) three days a week I run, snowshoe or exercise bike.  The other days I could be doing yoga ( flow, regular or power) kickboxing, sword-fighting, piloxing, circuit training, kettlebell, Budokon, aerobics, dance ( hula, ballet, hip hop, Brazilian, Bollywood) Pilates, the list goes on...I don't like to do the same thing all the time, I enjoy mixing things up, have quite the selection of DVD's....and it's good for your body.
12:30/ 1- Shower
1:45- Run any errands needed ( pick up grocery, return movies, go to thrift store, post office ( I get the majority of my clothing for shoots there...unless they are being provided)


3- Tee comes home from school. Check about her day, homework, etc.  Pull stuff out for supper if thawing is needed.

4: check emails / texts phone calls again...respond

5: cook supper/ eat

6:/ 6:30 clean up
6:30- relax with hubby and kid ( usually watching movies with my laptop open )
10- bed

In around everything else there, I try to find time to paint ( I also paint abstract water colors and sell them on Etsy....The Modern Red Studio if you are interested)

So that's the days.... But it really isn't much different than a day "off" of any other working wife, mother.  The content or scheduling may change a bit...but the stuff that needs to be done...not much different at all.

And on that note...I am off to do all the things that need to be done!

 
                                                 Photo by Jack Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment