Saturday, February 15, 2014

Out line

                                 Photo by: Bill K.



I am currently working on a tattoo, and  have been since June of 2013.  I am hoping to be done sometime in March of this year.  In this picture from late June of last year, I just had the outline done....at this point I have most of the dragon and a good portion of the phoenix colored, and my Tattoo artist ( Miles, from Deluxe Tattoo in Chicago) estimates 2 or 3 more sessions,my next one being next Wednesday. I have been holding back on the type of shoots I am doing,because it's unfinished state  bothers me ( I am a  touch OCD) though most of my photographers tell me I shouldn't worry about it .....  What does it mean,you may ask? ( Like many,  I have meanings behind my tattoos....though for some the meaning is as simple as "I like it"- which is perfectly valid )
This one has lots of meaning for me.  The dragon represents, power, wisdom,strength and good luck. as well as the "Yang"  My husband also has 3 dragon tattoo's, so in several ways this is an homage to him.  My dragon will be in water colors, ( blue and greens...maybe some yellow)  and holding a lit cigar, instead of the traditional pearl.  The hubby can spend HOURS in the water, he is a real water baby.  He also smokes cigars...got it?
The Phoenix, ( or Fenghuang) of course, represents rebirth, a rising out  of the ashes, as well as the Yin. She is auspicious, represents fidelity, and she is lucky. Taken together they represent a successful , prosperous and strong marriage and relationship.
My hubby and I hit a rough patch several years ago, and since then we have both been working hard to get ourselves, as well as our relationship right.  I can honestly say that it is the best it has ever been, but still continues to get better . It really is  wonderful...we are more 'together', more open, communicate better, trust more and we are more comfortable with ourselves every day. there is so much love.... ( mushy, I know)
To continue,instead of the traditional cherry blossoms drifting, I have oak leaves, which will be in autumn colors ( why autumn? 1. this whole piece blends into the leaves on my back,and those are autumn...and it is my favorite time of year ) The oak is also a strength symbol, power,magic, the ability to be steadfast, to stand strong against the storm...and there...you have the meanings behind this latest tattoo.  I can't wait for it to be finished ...and I have several photographers vying to be the first one to get to do the tattoo shoot when it is done! I should perhaps have an auction and have them bid on it LOL!            

No comments:

Post a Comment