Friday, April 18, 2014

Artists

By Tracey Padron EFT Studios



Since most of my money from modeling that comes in ( and my most consistent gigs) comes from Art modeling, just thought I would talk a little about that.

I have met many amazing artists, and recommend you go check out their work., I will try to supply links.

   The above piece was done by Tracey Padron at the Division Street Drawing Guild ( they meet every Thursday in Elgin)  I always love her use of shadows and high lights  , as well as her classical leanings.She is such a vivid, energetic,passionate person.  Her intensity while working always astounds me.


By JacQueline Zemke  
  JacQueline, seems always to be trying something new, and she tends to gravitate toward a wonderful use of color . I get to see her at the Dole Mansion Drawing group in Crystal Lake as well as The Division Street Drawing Guild. She is colorful in real life, not just in her work...it shines from her.


By Piotr Antonow 
And speaking of color, I met Piotr at one of the painting drawing workshops given by the amazing Evanston  Art Center,   All of his portraits are so very vivid. He has a sly sense of humor, and is really fun to work with.

By Chuck Kulma
Chuck is another I met at the Division Street drawing Guild in Elgin.  He does wonderful ,flowing watercolors. Chuck is great guy , mellow, funny  and I always find his work graceful.  


  There are SO very  many more artists that I have met in the 2 or so years I have been doing this ( but I don't have pictures/ examples of all of their works... which makes me sad, I need to be better about getting shots of things- if anybody ( hint, hint) wants to send me shots of finished pieces, I would love to do another version of this post...or make this type of post more regularly to share your art ) All of the people I have had the honor to work with are great people, and always make my work hours go so quickly. Humor,and kindness abound. Sculptors, painters, those working in pencil, pens, pastels. The teachers of workshops and classes, the students and artists.  I truly enjoy my time modeling for them.  It always fascinates me how many versions there are of the same pose , and the same person.It goes beyond just different angles and into truly different styles and approaches to the art itself.  It is truly beautiful to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment