Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Need

Photo by: Michael Barton Art


What do I need,you may ask?  I NEED more paying gigs.  I am doing my best to get "out there" but I need to work.  Lets be honest, the recession hit EVERYBODY hard... no question. And me,well I was one of the 99rs.... yup,one of the ones that lost a job ( Kitchen and Bathroom/ Interior design, if you are interested) because the small company I worked for, couldn't afford me full time....then they couldn't afford me part time,then they couldn't afford me at all,before going out of business totally.  So I applied for other design jobs ( few and far between) I applied for retail jobs, admin jobs,fast food jobs.  I sent out applications every single day. In that 99 weeks of unemployment I got exactly 5 interviews.  Sad huh? But certainly not unusual.  I did manage to get a very part time job with a friend that is a chiropractor. ( 4-10 hours a week) And I still work every once in a while for him, when he needs me.  I used up all my unemployment insurance, and racked up more bills than I like to think about....and now that I am working MORE steadily,I am doing my darndest to get them paid down ( hard slog, that...missing out on lots of stuff I would LOVE to do,places I would LOVE to go...but that is life)

So now, I am working regularly as an art model, traveling all over the Chicagoland area,and totally enjoying it.  But lets face it... I need more.more art gigs,more photography gigs...a girl has gotta pay the bills,you know ?

I know that I do not fit the shape, the age, the look of what everyone needs / wants. I TOTALLY get that.  But for anyone looking for a mature ( emotionally as well) tattooed( they don't HAVE to show, depending on wardrobe) easy going, hard working, consistent model that can  hold a pose, do my own hair and makeup when needed  and won't give you the diva attitude, ( always willing to listen and work with you) I am the one you want ... contact me! Don't wait!  ( shameless self promotion? Absolutely...somebody has to! LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment