Thursday, March 27, 2014

Comic con plans

Photo by Rich K.


I have talked a bit about being a bit of a comic book / Sci fi geek before.  I also like to Cosplay, at least for shoots and such.  This was my first foray into it in 2012.  I don't sew, so have to but the bits and pieces of a costume at various places, such as ebay, Etsy, Amazon and the like.  You really can find and come pretty close,if you look hard enough.

In August I am planning to go to the Chicago Comic con with some friends ( and hubby)  and am planning to dress as the comic version ( not the movie version)  of Black Widow.... mostly because she wears fairly sensible boots, and not heels! ( I do have an awesome Dark Phoenix costume, but those heels for Con walking? Ouch!)

Some of my friends  that are going with will dress, some will not, and that's ok.  We are all ready planning transportation, who is dressing as what etc. The Con is about being as geeky or non geeky as you want.  ( and lets face it, people watching, panels and  meeting idols! ) I am looking forward to it !  

Maybe,just maybe I will get to meet Stan Lee!  Wouldn't that be just amazing! ( of course if I had an extra 350 or so, I could purchase the "Stan Lee Experience" but I don't have that kind of cash, so I will just have to hope to run into him !

No comments:

Post a Comment