Monday, March 3, 2014

Econica

                     Photo by Michael Barton Art




I love Etsy. I love it for selling ( I paint abstract watercolors and sell them there, the name of my shop is the Modern Red Studio) I really,really love it for buying.
One of my favorites places for clothing is a store called Econica.

Econica is run by Natalia, out of Ontario Canada...and she makes elegant, clean lined ( but with wonderful little details) comfortable clothing out of organic fabrics and dyes. They are custom made, for the most part, to your sizing,wash and wear ( again for the most part) and she makes everything from   everyday skirts and dresses ( formal dresses as well) to scarves, belts  and lingerie.  Natalia gives great customer service as well.
 I had a kimono style wrap top from her out of organic cotton sweat shirt material , dyed a brilliant turquoise.  For whatever reason, a few drops of sweat had discolored the underarms...it wasn't super noticeable,but it bothered me.  I washed it several times,trying to get rid of it,so I sent her an e-mail asking for washing instructions or ideas to fix it.  She said that sometimes it happened, and the only thing that worked was redyeing.  She then either offered to send me a pack of dye to do it myself or to have me  send the shirt  back and she would do it. She apologized that it would have to be a deeper color , to hide the stains....but now I have a wonderful deep blue green wrap shirt ( I chose to have her send me a dye pack...I figured it would be quicker and easier to do it my self)
I would LOVE to be a model for her...I really haven't seen ANYTHING by her that I don't like,and I  would be honored to have my face associated with her lovely clothing.

I have sent her a message, and I do hope she takes me up on my offer .( fingers crossed)

*In the top photo I am wearing one of her hand dip dyed infinity scarves and her Origami Skirt in mink bamboo french terry. ( one of my favorite skirts...it is so soft)
*In the bottom photo I am wearing her Batwing Sleeve Shirt.

                            Photo by: Michael Barton Art

No comments:

Post a Comment