Monday, March 24, 2014

Versatility

Photo by  Jack Hall ( Plane Courtesy of the Gauntlet Warbirds)



There are some models who specialize in one or two genres of modeling.  I myself want to do and experience as many different types as I can .  This particular shot is from my very first true retro  pin up style shoot, that I did my own make up and hair.  ( I had tried once before, but didn't quite get the feeling)
I had done pin up before, but it is a lot easier to get the look when your wardrobe, hair and makeup are all done for you.  Those Victory Rolls? That was an hour of cursing and fussing and fighting with my hair to do ( after looking at lots of pictures and you tube videos  . That make up? That was watching over a dozen youtube videos and finding appropriate reference material to study.

That's the thing, I suppose.  It is easier to stick with one or two generes, you get to know them, you are comfortable in them.  Switching it up, requires research on poses to wardrobe to make up to hair to facial expressions,every time you do something different, you should study and prepare.... and if you aren't, well, prepared to do that with every new style, then be safe and stick with the ones you know.

I like to be constantly learning, and I like to research, so doing different things,is fun for me.  I don't want to get stuck doing just one thing... I want to try it all ( or at least all I am suited for) from lifestyle to glamour. Pin-up to fetish. Art to Commercial. Tattoo to Editorial. I want to do it all, and I seem to be steadily working toward that goal, and getting acknowledged for it.      

No comments:

Post a Comment