Saturday, May 31, 2014

Why so Serious?

Photo by: Micheal Barton
Indeed.... Why so serious?  Most of my shoots, for whatever reason have a more serious tone ( not to say that we don't have fun, because we do, but the images that come out are more sultry, or serious or sexy  or demure...you get the idea)

I had a shoot yesterday with D&G Studios that was none of that...not really... It was silly. I pulled silly, over the top faces, did silly things , wore silly costumes....( no not clowns- though you will see soon) it was just light hearted all the way around.  It was great!  It was good to just let my self relax and inject more humor into the images them selves ( I inject humor into everything else, why not some shoots?)

This isn't to say that I didn't prepare for the shoot, I did, as usual collect and prepare for it as far as costuming and makeup/ hair were concerned ( first time with liquid liner...I think I did pretty well)   And we knocked out 5 looks in about 2 and a half hours, so we were flying and got about 160 images to sort through.  So "silly" does not mean "not prepared"

I really am quite excited to see the results done ( I have all ready seen the proofs ) It's a really fun set.  ( Think vintage pin-up, along with modern comic pin-up...but remember the silly)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment